Friday, February 5, 2010

Colorado... on my mind?

I got a sweet card today in the mail yesterday from my friend, Kristin. She was congratulating us on our wedding (that she wasn't able to attend because she lives in Colorado).

Flashback:
Kristin & I met in high school. She is a year younger than me & we became friends in band (yes... I was in band in high school! Haha!). She moved to Colorado after her junior year with her family because of her father's job. She has visited a few times since & we have tried to remain close... well, as close as you can stay with over 1,500 miles between you!

Kristin is getting married (in Colorado) this May & Matt & I have been invited. I really want to go. Not only because I would love to be able to go to her wedding, but because I have always wanted to go to Colorado. It looks so beautiful.





It is one of the MANY places I want to go. The conundrum is that it is so far away. So, how can I make it work?

Her wedding happens to be on the 14th... a week after we get out of school for the semester. So, that isn't an issue. Plus, Matt & I aren't taking summer classes this year... because the school cut way back on classes (to save money... psh whatever... but, that's an entirely different post) & we have taken the slim amount of classes actually offered that term. So, the way I look at it, here are the two problems:


Problem #1: Both of us hate flying... which leads me to


Problem #2: The drive is 26 hours!


To be quite honest, I would be fine with dropping everything for a week & taking our time driving there, but is that realistic? Am I living in fantasy land? I do love road-trips... but is 26 hours too long for the newlyweds to be in the same car together? Hahaha!


Personally, I think it would be amazing. What a great way to see the country! I'm excited just thinking about it... & the amateur photographer in me is jumping up & down! I'm just not sure how hubby would feel about it. Don't get me wrong, he's up for adventure as much as the next guy. I just don't know. We do have family in Nashville... so we could stay there on the way. I know he misses his cousin who moved there... & I really like his wife. It would be a great excuse to go see them.


What can I say? I'm a dreamer.


There's so much I want to do with this life. I really want to go places. I want to see everything I can... & I want to do it all with him.


Maybe I will talk to him about it tonight... keep your fingers crossed. :)

2 comments:

  1. Jump in the car and drive there! Stop in Nashville- hang with the fam and then trip over to the wedding!

    Just dont stay in the car for longer than a couple of hours without a break or hell will break loose! And maybe take separate ipods so there are no music fights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, HELLO.... DO IT!

    aka - id NEVER flown by myself, i'd only flown on ONE trip in my 23 years on this planet & i did it for YOUR wedding!!!

    haha, i say go either way, you either suck it up (if i can, you def can) or take the drive. it might be a wonderful little mini honeymoon!

    i hope you go... if you don't, then you better pack your shit into that massive truck & drive ur butts to the NE to see MOI!!!!

    luvssssssssssss u!

    ReplyDelete