Monday, March 1, 2010

My New Friend...







It's such a pretty day today that I decided to go out & play with my camera for a little while. After taking a few shots of my horses (who are never really impressed with it), I looked down & saw the stray cat who hangs around our house. He looked up at me with his big green eyes, so I decided to take a few of him, too. Turns out, he is very photogenic.
I have to say, I am kind of growing fond of the little guy.
He follows me everywhere. He sits at the front door, waits for me to come out, & meows at me when I do.
I'm not really a cat person, but it is pretty cute to look down & see a little orange ball of fur trotting along side you as you walk out to the mailbox. He showed up a while ago, but it has just been recently that he has decided he wants to "hang out."
Isn't it funny how an animals make friends so much more easily than people do. I have never fed this cat. I haven't even pet him. I talk to him... ask him how his day is going... I think he just enjoys having a little company.
Animals are so much more simple than people. They don't ask for much. They don't talk too much. They don't feel sorry for themselves. They are quite content with just "being." A lot of people could learn from that. ;)

2 comments:

  1. oh ur turning into a cat person :) feed the cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broke down & bought him some today... I'm such a sucker for anything with 4 legs!

    ReplyDelete